They say lists work wonder on the internet. Unfortunetely, I am not very good on lists, basically because I have a very strange and inefficient memory.
But I thought to give it a try.
I found an article on the Telegraph, with the 10 styles that we will take with us in 2016. I wasn’t particularly keen on all of them, and I don’t want to give you the illusion that I will be able, in the near future and in the new blog (due in January), to make such long lists… so I cut it to 5, taking what I think is the best.
- Multiple earrings. It used to be a punk characteristic, then has been adopted by young people. Now it is for everybody. I think I will give myself a couple of new piercing in one of my ears!
- Gender fluid. Well, everybody has to use the word “gender”, at the end of this year. But mixing feminine and masculine clothes has always been a lot of fun!
- A new casual, where sneakers are the focus point. I have always been a great fun of classic trousers or skirts or dresses or tailleur with the sneakers. I will probably give myself a new pair: just have to decide which ones!
- Women of a certain age being fashion ambassador instead of very young people. Being the owner of Chic After Fifty, how could I not be happy of this new trend?
- Do you remember that dress that nobody could decide if it were blue and black or grey and white? That was the most clicked image of 2015. Which is quite interesting: it means that everybody likes to be engaged and to have the opportunity of have its say!
And today #selfieinthekitchen? Very #LastFridayBeforeChristmas, and #50chic and #chichafter50, but more than everything, very relaxed! Pants by Antonio Fusco, sneakers by New Balance, handmade sweater. That’s it folks!
Have a nice day!
Anna da Re